Thursday, January 10, 2013

Welcome Quinn!

Hi everyone!

We are beyond thrilled to announce the arrival of baby #2, Quinn Allan Cunningham. Quinn was born on Monday 1/7/2013 at 8:28 AM. Weight -10 lbs, 7 oz; Length - 21".  We got out of the hospital Wednesday afternoon. I will blog about the birth story soon.

When Olive first met Quinn, he was swaddled in her green blanket and laying on the ottoman glider in her room. First thing she did was pull the blanket off of him. When I said that the baby needed to be warm so we should give it back, she put it on top of his head! I said be gentle with the baby and she patted his head softly.

What happened next surprised me... she went over to the bookshelf and pulled out the "I'm a Big Sister" book. When I pointed to the baby on the front and then pointed to him and explained who he was, I really think she got it! Everything we have been talking about for weeks now might have set in on her, but I know they will be great friends in time.

Here are a few pictures of Quinn. I think he looks a lot like Olivia did except he is much bigger and he has mommy's (nonexistant) eyelashes whereas Olive got daddy's long pretty lashes!



We definitely have our hands full now and are focusing on getting to know our new little sweetie, supporting his needs, keeping our sanity and me healing from the c-section procedure.

Love always, claire and family

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Beautiful Big baby boy. I bet you are top of the world. Love you all Cindy , Wayne, Sally

    ReplyDelete