Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Irish Blessings

Hello!

This post is mainly an Olivia update. She's doing great but trying our nerves at times like any good toddler will do. I read a child development book that described toddlers as "changelings" and I think that is absolutely true. They are developing at lightening speed and processing so much that it must be exhausting for them - and for us sometimes too!

When Olivia does have a meltdown, I think she is almost surprised and maybe even scared by the intensity of her own feelings.  It is times like that when I remind myself to bring more love to the situation. A short memory and good redirection/distraction skills are also helpful.

Olivia loves to watch us and mimic what we do. She likes to help put things away. Yesterday I found a Netflix movie in the recycle bin! She is more aware of when her diaper needs to be changed. She often gets one and brings it to us.

She loves Quinn and, as he grows, I know they will have lots of fun together!

She is very observant and keen to understand how things work. It's a matter of time before she figures out how to open the baby gates and defeat the cabinet locks that we have installed. Morton has already figured out how to open the baby gates. I can't imagine HOW he does it.

Here she is in the booster chair for the first time. Very exciting!

Quinn actually sat in the high chair the other day. He's big enough that he can sit up. In this picture he was about 10 weeks old. He's growing fast!

My mom told me that "Clan Quinn" in Ireland was descended from the High Kings of Ireland. On that note, I will leave you with an Irish blessing:

 "May your neighbors respect you, Trouble neglect you,
Angels protect you, and Heaven accept you."

Love, Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment